The last time I wrote an article like this, I had been married three months. Even though I didn’t claim to know everything at that time, there was a part of me that thought I knew a lot. That part of me knows better now. You can read about the last article here. That said, I’m still learning a lot, but I thought you could learn from what I’ve learned. So here goes:
- I married the right guy. Not a perfect one, but one that was right for me; who loves God and gets me.
- An unforgiving spirit will kill your marriage. Apologize, forgive and forget.
- No two marriages are the same. Don’t constantly compare yourself, your spouse or relationship with others.
- Your fights will most likely be about the same old thing. I finally decided to listen to my husband’s complaints and make some adjustments. It turned out good…at least for my fashion sense.
- You can change from old habits. The sooner, the better.
- There will be challenges; what determines whether they make or break you is how you handle them.
- The rules don’t change; husbands, love your wives. Wives, submit to your husbands. Both of you submit to one another in love and submit to God.
- In a way, baby changes everything. You must both fight to keep the same what must be kept the same. Never let your child take the place of your spouse. Keep the romance alive.
- In a way, baby changes nothing. Character issues you both have will not disappear with the birth of a baby.
- Intercourse in marriage gets better with time.
- God always provides…except money is your god – then you’re really doomed. Be content, but work hard, work smart, save and invest.
- You need more help as your family expands. Don’t be afraid to ask for it.
- Balance is possible if the foundation is sure. You can be a wife, mom, minister, business woman etc, if you prioritize correctly and make wise use of your time.
- Pray. Pray. Pray and pray. Not just about the relationship, but because being a person of prayer makes you a spirit filled person and with the daily temptations that come with marriage, you need to be spirit filled.
- Growing in your personal life as a Christian will help you grow in your relationship with your spouse. If you spend more time in prayer, you’re likely to spend less time in anger.
- Discard tactics that don’t work. Ladies, em…nagging hardly ever works.
- Be friends with your spouse’s friends, his family should be yours already.
- Plan ahead. For family. For ministry. For your careers. But first and foremost be open to God’s plan for your family.
- Nothing makes a marriage work as much as the commitment of both parties to making it work.
- My purpose isn’t marriage. It isn’t my career. It isn’t even motherhood. It’s Christ. In my loving, in my ‘mummying,’ in my working, I must live in Him, for Him, with Joy!
Thank you so much for reading. I’d love to return the favour and ‘read’ from you too. Please drop a comment and tell me what you think!
(Visited 359 times, 1 visits today)
Noteworthy lessonshere Pastor Laju. Cheers 🍻 to many more years together in Christ.
Lessons Learnt! Great piece pst Laju !
‘Cause I wanted you to know I was here *wink*
I read the one you wrote at 3 months and it was every bit as wise as this is. Thank you for sharing.
P.S.: Put a like feature so we can tap like when we appreciate it and really wouldn’t want to comment. A share button would be awesome too!
Have an awesome blog ahead!
Wow Laju,I’m touched. Thank you for this. I know we learn every day but thanks for the basics…can’t wait to show case all I’m learning. May God comtinue to bless you and your family….Amen
Good read. Well done babe
Very spot on!👌 u couldnt have said it any better!
Inspiring and an eye opener for me. More of this is needed.
Beautiful! Pastor laju. We really look forward to more of this…and we love you
Blessed… thank you ma.
Great words ur last point was it for me christ shuld b our focus.well done
As soon as I saw this on IG I knew it had to read it. Well done Laju this was indeed worth reading.
God bless you ma. I have learned from this. Enjoy your home with God.
Thank you very much pastor. I’m inspired !!!
This is awesome. Greater than the first.. I look forward to reading about lessons learnt after 3,4….10 years and more. Well-done Pst Laju
This is a great piece. With my little experience in marriage (6months, 2weeks, 2days and some few hours) 😉, i concour n I’ve learnt more. God bless u so much 4 ds words. U r truly a blessing 2 our generation. Ur marriage shall never fail in Jesus name, Amen. Well done Sister of God.
Awesome! Thank you, ma.
Thank you Pst Laju.blessd:)
Thank you pastor laju for sharing this with us…..God bless you and your family
Thank you Mama.
You always been a Great example to me and to us In Love and deed.keep Enjoying the Fullest of God Love in your Marriage. Love you ma
What can I say, we all have to keep learning and learning and learning. We can’t help it. Thank you ma for that piece, glad i read it.
Awesome…… this blessed me
Many more fulfilled days ahead to you and your family
Mrs Laju, thou speakest truth, seen as well from other godly families I have been blessed to interact with. God bless you 😁!
Toms up Sis, well said. Happy Wedding Anniversary! Many more years in Jesus name.
This is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for taking the time to share this!! God bless you and your family and strengthen you for the years ahead! Congrats on your Anniversary!!
Thanks for this piece Ma! #Blessed.
Congratulations on your Marriage Anniversary.
Great Insights! Thanks ma!
great tank u ma
I am touched and blessed….Thank you and God bless you Ma.
Really inspiring and eye opening. Thank you ma
I was thinking you will mention patient does marriage teach you to be patient?
Truly true words.You will not fail in Jesus name.
Thanks for sharing this Laju. Looking forward to reading more. God bless
Thanks for sharing dear Laju. It is encouraging. Cheers.
Thank you IBK!
Thank you Pastor Laju for sharing. God bless you
Amen. Thank you so much Mishael
Amen. Thanks Mishael
Such an inspiration nd enuf lessons learnt.
Thank you Jane!
*Smiles*… thanks much!!!
I had a fantastic read
Thanks Pastor Laju
Thank you Pastor Lady. I am inspired!
Pastor Laju, you did a great job. I receive grace to put it to practice in Jesus name.
I learnt something. Good job ma!
The world is learning from you.
Great piece Laju!!! Learnt a whole lot.
Dis is wonderful,,keep it up Mrs iren 😀
Thank you Andel!
Conjugal Bliss my Dear Friend.
Thanks my dear CBM.
Well packaged and very inspiring ma. Thank you for sharing
I receive grace to apply dis
wise and precise! May God grant u and Pastor Iren many more years in Love.
Thank you mama!
No. 12 – what kind of help ma?
No. 15 – I love!
Wow!!! Learning… Thanks Pst laju
Ha Laju have have never failed to impress me. I have learnt alot from these short and wonderful article of yours. May God increase your wisdom greatly.
Laju Iren! Really wise words! Thank God for you and for Emmanuel and for your marriage. The 20th point is really powerful and everybody in a marriage should remember that. Thank you so much for sharing this. Continue being a blessing. More Grace!!!
A nice piece Mrs pastor. I like how precise and straight forward it was.Hope to read one about training children.cheers
Well done mummy!!!
Nive piece.. Am really learning.
God bless you ma
This is an awesome piece
More Grace Laju
Thanks Laju for this insightful and inspiring write up. It has touched lives far and near. You will always be a blessing to generations
wow! well done ma! I learnt a lot. many more years to celeberate. God bless youí ½í¸í ½í¸í ½í¸
This a good write up. It blesses life. I pray I will be giving mine soonest
Thank you so much ma for being real and practical in sharing these wise words. More of God’s grace, wisdom and strength in your marriage, family and ministry in Jesus’ name.
Thank you, Laju
Thanks so much for sharing. Its just a little different from what u shared wen u were 3mths in marriage. They are all words of wisdom. God bless u
awesome…i’ve been blessed by this…
truly inspiring. i totally and completely agree and relate with everything you’ve written. this is ” a must read” for every woman. kudos Pst laju. looking forward to more articles.
Reading your site is big pleasure for me,
it deserves to go viral, you need some initial traffic only.
If you want to know how to get it search for: blackhatworren’s
Thank you ma!
Pingback: 30 things I’ve learnt in my one year of being a mum – Laju Iren
Pingback: Four lessons in my fourth year of marriage – Laju Iren
Pingback: Five Years a Wife: 5 marriage mistakes I finally stopped making before my 5th Anniversary – Laju Iren
Pingback: Six years of marriage, six lessons learned – Laju Iren